The team at California Orthopedics & Spine has years of experience helping patients treat and prevent injuries. When you come to our practice, our orthopedists and sports medicine specialists will perform a full exam and consultation to evaluate your injury.
We understand that nobody wants an injury to slow them down; this is especially true for athletes and other active individuals. The cause of the injury, your health history, and other factors will all be taken into consideration so that your treatment plan fits your needs.
One of the most important parts of injury management is prevention — our staff will be happy to discuss techniques that help prevent future injuries and keep current ones from getting worse.
When to Seek Treatment
Whether the onset of the injury was gradual or sudden, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible. Some of the signs that your injury may need professional treatment are listed below:
- Pain in a joint or another area of the body that does not improve over time
- Inability to put weight on the injured body part (without severe pain or giving out of the joint)
- Swelling or redness around the injured area
- The injury is visibly crooked, uneven, or has lumps
- Inability to move the joint or appendage in question
If you are unsure of whether your injury needs treatment, it’s always better to be cautious and see a professional. The earlier your injury is addressed, the easier it will be to treat. Leaving injuries untreated can lead to a more severe injury or re-injury, which can lead to more time away from your active lifestyle.
At California Orthopedics & Spine, our goal is always to help people live their most active lives, and we will be happy to listen and evaluate your condition regardless of your age, the extent of your condition, or your activity level.
Types of Injuries and Treatments
Most injuries that we deal with at our practice can be grouped into one of a few different categories: joint injuries, bone injuries (broken bones), and muscle injuries. Whether you experience a repetitive motion injury, a genetic issue, or an injury caused by an impact during athletic activity, our sports medicine specialists can help you find a solution.
Below are general descriptions of some common injuries and their treatments:
- Physical therapy, injections, medications, and other treatments may be good for a muscle or joint problem.
- Conditions affecting your bones and tendons may require surgical intervention. Arthroscopic procedures, which are less invasive than most surgeries, can often repair tendon tears.
- Spinal issues can often be treated with physical therapy, injections, or other nonsurgical treatments.
- Other therapeutic treatments, such as acupuncture, may also be incorporated into your treatment plan to control pain or discomfort.
Injury Prevention and Treatment in Marin County, CA
If you or a loved one needs treatment for sports-related or other injuries, give one of our offices a call. Our specialists are experts at diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions, and if we can’t help you, we will be happy to refer you to a specialist who can.